Fall Conference Follow-up:
- Any family unable to attend last week’s conferences will be receiving students’ MAP scores today. This information will be given by the homeroom teachers and coming home with students.
Red Ribbon Week is October 23-October 27:
- This year we will focus on building up others to relate to our theme of “Be the Answer”
- Below is the schedule of events for RRW 2017:
- Monday: Kindness for Each Other Day
- Tuesday: Kindness for our Community Day
- Wednesday: Kindness for our Parish Day
- Thursday: Kindness for our Parents Day
- Friday: Pep Assembly: connecting class Kindness Chains
- October means SOCKTOBER! Today begins our Socktober campaign. Socks remain the #1 most requested clothing item for those at homeless shelters.Our goal is to collect new socks to donate as we continue our pledge to “BE THE ANSWER.”
- Our sock drive will run from Oct. 18th - Oct.27th. During our campaign we will have special incentive days:
Oct. 23rd- Students bringing in 5 pairs will earn a dress down pass to be used on any dress down with a pass days.
- Oct. 27th- Crazy sock day. Students bringing in a new pair on that day may wear CRAZY SOCKS to school. One winner with the craziest socks will be selected during the pep assembly and presented with a Mitchell’s gift card.
- Our participation goal is to collect enough socks to blanket our main hallway. If we are successful, we will have a CRAZY SOCK CELEBRATION from Oct. 30th - Nov. 3rd. During this week students will have the opportunity to wear crazy socks supporting a theme each day.
6th Grade Service Project:
- The 6th grade class is excited to begin their 2nd Annual Service Project with a $500 donation from our PTU. The meaning behind the money is based on the Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30). What can we do with this money to make it grow, reach out to an organization in need, and to grow in relationship with Christ? We have chosen Salva’s Iron Giraffe Challenge. This summer, the students read A Long Walk to Water. They were impacted by Salva and his mission to provide wells in Africa. When wells do come to villages in Africa, they can then build markets, education, and work. As of 2017, there are 311 wells in villages around Africa. We would love to be #312 and “Be The Answer” for the people of Africa.
- Look for more information in next week’s Family Folder!
8th Grade Service Fair:
- We need your help -For the past few years we have offered a Service Fair for all our Confirmandi. This gives them an opportunity to get to know each other while doing service for others.
- This year’s Fair will take place October 28th from 9:30am-1:00pm in the School Gym and is optional for HTS 8th graders.
- All of the details can be found here - thank you!
- The fourth graders at Holy Trinity School will be delivering and collecting baby bottles this Oct-Nov to help raise funds for Cornerstone. Each family will be encouraged to fill their bottle up with loose change to help this much needed ministry.
Trunk or Treat - This Friday - October 20th from 6:30-9:00pm:
- HTS North Parking Lot
- Parking Details: All trunk or treaters will need to enter the SOUTH parking lot and pull around the school. Families will be directed where to park and give their $10 participation fee upon entry to the South Lot.
- Get in the Halloween Spirit: The best decorated trunk/cars will receive 1st, 2nd & 3rd place prizes.
- We look forward to seeing you at this HTS tradition!
COSI on Wheels:
- On Friday, October 20, COSI on Wheels will visit Holy Trinity with an interactive weather assembly and program called Current Conditions.
- On this day, we are in need of 6 more volunteers to run stations in the gym with a partner from 7 AM - 2 PM. Lunch will be provided.
- If you are interested in volunteering, please email Miss Nicole Castrigano at email@example.com. Thank you!
Picture Retake Day is Coming!
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017
- Please return your original portrait envelope and visit mylifetouch.com to reorder.
- Our HTS Picture Day ID for online ordering is: WP047063Y2
Ski Club 2018:
- Please see below for details regarding Ski Club 2018. Permission slips will be available in the HTS School Office. Deadline to register is November 13, 2017.
- Ski Club is open to all the Holy Trinity School students, PSR students, and CYO participants.
- The Program runs for 5 weeks and is held on Friday nights.
- Ski Club 2018 Details
- Permission slips and payments may be turned in to the School Office or mailed to Randy Battistoni, 1197 Dellwood Dr., Westlake, OH 44145
K-3rd Guitar Lessons with Mr. Hess:
- Interested in learning to play the guitar?
- Mr. Hess is now offering lessons on Tuesdays after school for Grades K-3
- For more information contact Mr. Hess at firstname.lastname@example.org. Limited spots available.
Trick or Treat at Avon Place:
- Join the residents at Avon Place Nursing Home for Trick or Treating on October 25th from 6-7pm
- Details here!
Helping Hands Needed in the Lunchroom:
- We need 2 parents Monday -Friday to help the children in the lunchroom from 10:00am to 11:30am. Please arrive at 9:55am.
- More information and sign up opportunities can be found here: Helping Hands
- Band practice will take place every Thursday from 2pm-3pm
- Members: please be sure to bring your instruments to school each Thursday.
- Spaghetti Dinner Basket Ideas are Needed - please contact Heather Weisenseel at email@example.com with any ideas or questions.
- PTU is excited to see you at Trunk or Treat on October 20th!
- Mark your calendar for our next PTU meeting: November 13th at 7pm in the modular.
Banyan Tree Exclusive
- It's not too late to sign-up! Enjoy an exclusive ladies night out to shop after-hours at the Banyan Tree at Crocker Park. On Wednesday, November 8 from 7:00 – 9:00 PM the Banyan Tree will close to the public and open for a VIP group of Holy Trinity ladies and friends. Enjoy a glass of wine while you get a private shopping experience with Banyan Tree shopping consultants.
- The Banyan Tree will provide a small gift for all attending and put your name in a raffle for an item to be drawn that night. Want to bring a friend? All are welcome.
- Please send a check to the school for $15/per person payable to Holy Trinity, ATTN: Night at the Races. Get your Christmas shopping done early!
- We will continue to send home a box top sheet in the monthly Family Folders that can be used for dress down passes throughout the year. One sheet with 10 box tops = one dress down pass per child.
- If you have multiple children in your family each child will need their own sheet with 10 box tops. You can make a copy of the sheet or you can place 10 box tops in an envelope or baggie. Please make sure your child’s name and room number is on the sheet, envelope or baggie.
- Reminder: October's Dress Down with a Pass is Box Top turn in day!
Save the Date:
- $1 Dress Down for a Cause (GiGi’s Playhouse): Thursday, October 19
- Fiesta Jalapeno Dinner with a Purpose: October 26
- Trunk or Treat: October 20
- Kindergarten Halloween Parade and and Fall Sports Pep Rally: October 27
- 1st Quarter Ends: October 27
- Last Day to order November lunches: October 27
- All Saints’ Mass: November 1
- Halloween Parties: November 1 from 12:30-1:45pm (K-5th) and 10:45-11:45 (6th-8th)
Holy Trinity Parish Men’s & Women’s Reflections:
- Contact Maryann Ksenich at 440-934-4209 with any questions
Big Shot Basketball Camps:
- There is still time to register for two great Big Shot Basketball opportunities this fall at Gilmour Academy.
- Big Shot Basketball is set to get our students ready for the winter basketball season and pre-season tryouts by holding fall training camps and a 3 on 3 tournament.
- These opportunities are available to boys and girls in Grades 3rd-8th.
- Please see the HTS website for necessary forms to register or register online at www.gilmour.org/BigShotBasketball
- We look forward to seeing you all! - Sean O’Toole, Athletic Director, Gilmour Academy
Elyria Catholic Event Info: