Dinner with a Purpose: our next dinner is planned for Five Guys TOMORROW!
- Use this flyer: Five Guys at either the Westlake or Avon location.
February Recipients of the Mayor’s Choice Art Contest
- Congratulations to Colette Welch (K-B), Sundae Delarm (2-A), Cael McChrystal (3-A)
- Their artwork will be on display at City Hall throughout the March
Congratulations to 5th and 6th Grade Problem Solvers!
- On Saturday, February 10, 2018 a team of sixth graders and two teams of fifth graders attended the Greater Cleveland Council Teachers of Mathematics Problem Solving Tournament at Lake Ridge Academy. They worked together competing in four events.
- Congratulations to the fifth grade teams of Faith Crislip, Mary Kim, and Andrew Perez, as well as Rachael Cahill, Rafi Catacutan, Ryan Lawlor and Nicholas Variglotti for receiving red ribbons.
- Congratulations to the sixth grade team of Lauren Buettner, Nate Johnson, Caitlin Martin, and Alex Temple for earning trophies.
- Great job fifth and sixth graders!
The 2018 Spring Book Fair is Coming March 5th to March 9th:
- For information on how to volunteer and Teacher Wish-Lists, click here:
Holy Trinity Drama Club Presents: “Beauty and the Beast, Jr.” March 23 and 24
- Show your support of this year’s performance by placing an advertisement in the program book
- Wish your favorite actor or crew member know well wishes by placing a “break a leg” note in the program book.
HTS Preschool Fundraiser:
- The HTS Preschool will hold its annual braided bread fundraiser February 12th - 19th. The delivery date is March 19th. More information coming soon!
St. Baldrick's and Wigs for Kids - Spring 2018
Join us for a new Mother/Daughter Event!
- Mother/ Daughter Paint - n -Party in the HTS Gym!
- Click here for all the details
Calling all Dads! PTU is in need of a chairperson for this spring’s Father/Son event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or details!
From the Lunchroom:
- February’s Volunteer Schedule calls on 2nd and 7th grade parents, however all are welcome. Help is especially needed on Tuesdays and Fridays. Sign up is available on Volunteer Spot.
- March ordering is now open through February 25th! March Lunch Menu
- More information on how to help out in the lunchroom can be found here: Helping Hands
Masquerade Ball - Gala 2018
CLASS BASKET LEADERS NEEDED:
- As you hopefully saw at Night at the Races, there was a lot of creativity and excitement around the wonderful Class Baskets that were part of the silent auction. The silent auction brings in much the funds needed to reach our fundraising goal, and the Class Baskets are a big part of that.
- We need one or two volunteers for each grade to manage the Class Basket for this event. Please let Kim Pasti know if you're able to volunteer to lead your Class Basket. Kim can be reached at email@example.com.
(Next year's grade... because the event is in the Fall of 2018)
Grade 8: Shannon Anderson
A few questions that might come to mind:
- When do we need to do this? Because the event is early in the fall, just as we get back to school, we're asking for the volunteers to coordinate the majority of the effort this school year, before we break for the summer.
- Is there one basket or two per grade? There should be only one basket per grade. (because the kids will be mixed up across the two classrooms again next fall.)
- Is there a goal? Each grade should be responsible for putting together a basket or baskets that total no less than $500 in retail value.
- When is the basket actually due? The Gala is on October 6, so we'll need the physical basket put together no later than the week before. However, by July 1st we will need at least 2-3 sentences describing the basket with some detail. This description will be included in the program book and the online bidding app. This should be written so that it entices someone to want to bid on your Class Basket(s)!
- What types of things are you expecting in the basket? Put together a theme basket that YOU would want to bid on. The sky's the limit. You can reference some of the more popular baskets from the Night at the Races for ideas -- or Let Kim Pasti know if you need inspiration or have questions about what might work. If you're able to get things made, donated or sponsored that can enhance the basket in any way, then go for it.
- Who else is working on this? Please let Kim Pasti (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you're able to volunteer to manage the Class Basket for your grade. Kim will put together a distribution list to answer questions and bounce ideas around!
Please let Kim Pasti (email@example.com) know if you any questions. She will be there to help along the way. We can't tell you how much this effort is truly appreciated!
Dads’ Night Out:
- The 2018 Gala Committee will be be hosting an informal meet up at Avon Brewing Company (37040 Detroit Rd, Avon) on Thursday, March 15 at 7:00. This is a good opportunity to meet some new guys at the school, catch up with old buddies or to just get out of the house for an hour or so.
- This will also serve as an opportunity to do some fundraising for the 2018 Gala. Please bring a gift card of any kind and denomination. If you forget, no big deal, Avon Brewing Company will be happy to sell gift cards to the group.
- If you have any questions (or need any good excuses to get out of the house), please contact Greg Kutsko or Brock Massullo.
- Please consider this your husband's "Hall Pass" for the night. It's a school thing. They are doing it to help the kids.
We need your help to be successful.
- Gala Sponsorships and Advertising are available. Click here to learn more about how to reach the Holy Trinity and Avon community with sponsorships and advertising: Gala Sponsorship and Advertising Form
- The Silent Auction helps bring in a large part of the needed funds raised at the Gala, through generous donations of creative and coveted items. We are kindly asking each Holy Trinity family to help out with an auction item donation of a product or service either personally or from your business. All donations are tax deductible. We’ve set up an Amazon Wishlist to make purchasing and delivering an item very easy. Donation ideas and forms can be found here: Gala Silent Auction Form
From the Parish:
Holy Trinity’s 2018 Parish Mission:
- Join the Adult Education and Faith Formation Team for this year’s Parish Mission
- Father Thomas Blau, OP will lead the mission on February 18, 19 and 20 at 7pm
- Click here for details
Avon Soccer Spring Registration: Spring registration deadline is March 15, 2018
Kidz Art is now: “Eager Artists”!
- Going forward for the remainder of this school year and forward, they will now be called Eager Artists, and all registrations will be at one website: www.creativeclasses.org.
Elyria Catholic Theater Presents “Crossing Stars”, an original musical
- Support the production by coming out March 21, 23 & 24 at 7:00 pm to the Elyria Catholic Auditorium
A Grade Ahead: Summer and Enrichment Programs
Connecting for Kids - February 2018
Save the Date:
- Dinner with a Purpose: Five Guys (Avon & Westlake) - February 15
- Holy Trinity Parish Mission - February 18-20
- President’s Day - No school: February 19
- Confirmation - February 24
- Kindergarten Screening - March 1, 2 and 5 - No Preschool Classes