Holy Trinity School fosters a Catholic environment that emphasizes respect for God and all of God’s people. We build our community by pairing younger students with older buddy students to attend weekly school masses together and participate in special activities. All classes take turns preparing and presenting school liturgies. Students participate in daily prayer and special Advent and Lent prayer services. The Catholic faith is taught as a core subject in all grades and students are prepared for the Sacraments of Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation.
Our students participate in service and fundraising activities for St. Adalbert School, Catholic Charities Hunger Center, Cornerstone Among Women Pregnancy Help Center and other charitable causes throughout the year. Students in junior high are required to complete additional service hours.
Ninety percent of our students score at or above grade level on standardized tests. Eighty-five percent attend Catholic High Schools and many receive scholarships. One hundred percent of our students graduate from High School.
All students benefit from differentiated instruction in reading, vocabulary and math with the use of Achieve 3000, Moby Max, Membean and our Accelerated Reading Program. Enrichment and extra practice programs such as XtraMath, IXL Math, IXL English and typing.com are also used.
From August 2017 to January 2018, all students in grades 4th-8th demonstrated Lexile reading scores at or above grade level while using Achieve 3000 in the classroom. Achieve 3000 is a level set online assessment that measures reading comprehension of non-fiction text.
Students in junior high who qualify may take advanced math classes including Algebra in 8th grade. Students in 2nd and 3rd grade who qualify may take enrichment classes in Math and English/Language Arts.
- 1:1 Chromebooks for all students in 3rd through 8th Grade
- 1:1 iPads for all students in K through 2nd Grade
- Smart TVs, iMacs and Elmo document cameras are utilized in every classroom
- Virtual Reality headsets, Makey-Makey robotics and 3-D printing takes place in cross-curricular lessons and projects.
- Students visit the iMac technology lab to practice coding, typing skills, learn internet safety and identify valid research sites. Students in grades 4-8 practice coding using the JAVA language and will complete a digital portfolio to showcase exemplary projects and other skills they have developed at Holy Trinity.
- Specials classes include Spanish, computer technology, art, music and physical education
- Students in K through 3rd grade attend all special classes once per week
- Students in 4th through 8th grade rotate attending each special class every day for one week at a time allowing for further depth of instruction and timely assessments
- All students visit the library regularly to select books to read and take Accelerated Reader tests.
- Students in 4th through 8th grade practice study skills and participate in enrichment activities during library visits, 7th grade students participate in high school placement test preparation
- Our Art program includes an on site kiln allowing all students to create pottery projects at least once per year
- All students participate in our annual art show in January
- Hot Lunch Program
- After Care (2-6 pm)
- Commercial Size Playground
- On-site preschool for 3-year-old, 4-year-old and 5-year-old students
- Bus transportation currently provided by the school districts of Avon, Avon Lake, Sheffield, Sheffield Lake and Westlake