Maintaining a safe environment here at Holy Trinity is our top priority. We follow the guidelines outlined by the Diocese which has recently undergone revision.
The procedures to follow in making sure all children are safe can be found in two documents: Policy for the Safety of Children in Matters of Sexual Abuse and Standards of Conduct in Ministry. All clergy, staff, coaches and volunteers (volunteering more than 5 hours a month) are required to:
- Read the two documents OR watch the videos discussing the documents
- Sign the acknowledgment forms
- Complete Virtus training
- Have a background check completed
- Turn in signed acknowledgement forms
All volunteers at Holy Trinity School are asked to:
- Not use cell phones (for photos) while volunteering (in school or on field trips)
- Sign the Acknowledgement of Uncompensated volunteer form
- Not post pictures of students on personal social networking sites
- Sign in at school office
- All volunteers are encouraged to do one of the following: read the documents, watch the videos, or read the summaries sign the acknowledgement forms.
- All are encouraged to complete Virtus training.
The most pertinent changes to the documents include provisions on Social Media, its use and the governing policies of its potential misuse. Below you will find examples of some of the changes:
- Use of electronics and Internet browsing while on parish property is not considered private.
- Church personnel and volunteers should not use the entity’s Internet portal for personal use.
- Accessing, storing, or transmitting pornographic images is prohibited.